Re: [dtn-interest] IANA registry for LTP (and the BP?)

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Wed, 07 May 2008 07:13 UTC

Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 08:23:16 +0100
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Cc: DTN <dtn-interest@mailman.dtnrg.org>
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] IANA registry for LTP (and the BP?)

Ok, so that got a stunning response - guess registries aren't
what get people here excited, which is fair enough:-)

But the IANA folks've now asked as well, so we need some
kind of answer.

Assuming no further input, I'm going to propose that we
ask IANA to set up LTP registries for the extension types and
ciphersuites, with the update rule for both being "specification
required" where the specification can be an RFC (of any type)
or any other SDO's publicly available specification (wording
for that might be tricky so we might get reduced to needing
an RFC).

I'll ask them to do that tomorrow, so yell now if it's a problem.
We can address the BP registry issues later.

Stephen.