Re: [dtn] Status of AUTH48 Documents (and a request)

Rick Taylor <rick@tropicalstormsoftware.com> Fri, 10 December 2021 17:57 UTC

From: Rick Taylor <rick@tropicalstormsoftware.com>
To: "Birrane, Edward J." <Edward.Birrane@jhuapl.edu>, "dtn@ietf.org" <dtn@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 17:57:20 +0000
x-originating-ip: [2a02:1648:4000:120:e967:afff:9ebd:2acf]
Subject: Re: [dtn] Status of AUTH48 Documents (and a request)

Hi Ed,

Speaking personally I think the s/must/MUST/ change is correct, and I admit that I always took it as MUST anyway.  I remember there were several passes of the document to resolve the capitalisation of canonical text, and various IESG reviews that debated the order of some of the descriptive versus normative text, so I'm not surprised it got missed.

Re the CBOR encoding, referring to the RFC8949 is a valid improvement.

Cheers,

Rick