Re: [dtn] Draft charter for review

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Thu, 07 August 2014 17:07 UTC

Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 18:07:26 +0100
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
To: "Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com>, "dtn@ietf.org" <dtn@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dtn] Draft charter for review

Apologies for the top post.

1. If this style of minimal change (*) charter is where we go,
then I really think a refinement of the over-long list that
Scott presented at the BoF has to happen before a wg is
formed. That'd change this charter text quite a bit I think
since e.g. there'd be no need for a problem statement RFC
then.

2. Separate to the above, I'm going to try one more time
to argue for a less minimal change. I think that I'm in
the rough on that, but after the BoF a bit less so than
I expected. And if, as I expect, I remain in the rough
there, then I'll shut up about it and be weakly supportive
of the minimal style charter Fred's proposing. I won't
get to proposing that for a week or so though.

Cheers,
S.

(*) "minimal" is not a pejorative term here, but as
previously discussed on the list is meant to denote the
amount of intended change from rfc5050.