Re: [dtn] Draft charter for review

"Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com> Tue, 19 August 2014 18:17 UTC

From: "Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com>
To: "Ivancic, William D. (GRC-LCA0)" <william.d.ivancic@nasa.gov>, Nabil Benamar <benamar73@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 18:17:13 +0000
x-originating-ip: [130.247.104.6]
Cc: "dtn@ietf.org" <dtn@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dtn] Draft charter for review

Hi Will,

Sorry, I missed the IPv6 consideration per your earlier note. IPv6 ND and DHCPv6 are
methods for contact discovery that could be applied in a DTN realm in a way that is
not as well supported for IPv4. This also touches on a point raised by others with
vendor interests in DTN. So, maybe rewrite as:

      o An informational "DTN Advanced Features Survey" document including
        candidate recharter work items such as routing, IPv6-based neighbor (contact)
        discovery, security key management, network management, bundle-in
        -bundle encapsulation, reliable bundle delivery, etc.

Sound OK?

Thanks - Fred