Re: [earlywarning] Final Charter Text. Thanks!

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Wed, 09 June 2010 10:45 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>, "earlywarning@ietf.org" <earlywarning@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 12:43:43 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [earlywarning] Final Charter Text. Thanks!

Resending, as apparently failed to be delivered to the list due to mail list problems over weekend.

See below.

In that case can we find some other word. We may never get to phase 2.

> > Secondly can you put some dates in the milestones, even if they are
> > things like "Charter date plus 9 months".
>
> Good point. I forgot that.
> Done.

So now having the dates, I do not understand how:

Sep 2010  Submit "Conveying alerts in SIP" document as initial
          WG item.
          A starting point for this work is draft-rosen-sipping-cap.

can precede the security review.

> > I at least need to understand the
> > proposed document sequence.
> >
> > I assume the approved milestones will not contain text such as:
> >
> > "A starting point for this work is
> draft-rosen-ecrit-lost-early-warning."
> >
> > so can you move this text to some sort of editorial gloss
> at the end -
> > which will not appear in the final charter.
> >

> It is actually quite common to indicate the starting point, which does
> not mean that the work will actually be used as a WG item.

I would still prefer these not to be in the milestones.