RE: [Ecrit] LoST

"Winterbottom, James" <James.Winterbottom@andrew.com> Wed, 11 July 2007 09:04 UTC

Subject: RE: [Ecrit] LoST
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 04:04:35 -0500
From: "Winterbottom, James" <James.Winterbottom@andrew.com>
To: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
Cc: ECRIT <ecrit@ietf.org>

Hi Hannes,

The concern I have is that GPS is not only cellular.
It is being used in WiFI and will be used from the get go in WiMAX.
The only profiles that will be mandatory to support are those in the
basic LoST specification, so the decision is generally unacceptable from
a deployment perspective.

I don't agree with the assessment below either.
I can easily see that LIS could provide a PIDF-LO to me that I have
provided satellite pseudo-ranges for. So again I remain unconvinced by
this debate. It is far simpler to interpret the ellipse and circle types
than a polygon, and to be frank from an end-point or measure location
perspective far more likely to be provided.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tschofenig-ecrit-architecture-overview-

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/geopriv/draft-thomson-geopriv-lis-discovery-

http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/svn/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost/draft-ietf-ecrit-los

http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/svn/draft-tschofenig-dhc-lost-discovery/draft-

> > the

> > past.

> >> ------------------------

> > This message is for the designated recipient only and may
> > contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.
> > If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
> > immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
> > this email is prohibited.

> > [mf2]

this email is prohibited.