Re: [Ecrit] Changing the LoST Location Profile registry from Standards Action to Specification Required

Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@coretechnologyconsulting.com> Fri, 25 September 2020 23:09 UTC

From: Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@coretechnologyconsulting.com>
To: Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>
Cc: ecrit@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 16:09:43 -0700
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] Changing the LoST Location Profile registry from Standards Action to Specification Required

Version -01 is available, with changes as suggested by Ted.  Still only
3 pages, so should be very easy to read.

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ecrit-location-profile-registry-policy-01.txt

Most significant change is in the IANA Considerations:

    The expert reviewer is
    designated by the responsible area director.  The reviewer should
    verify that any proposed new value is specified by the IETF, NENA,
or
    a similar SDO, and meets a criteria of a clear need and unambiguous,
    interoperable definition.

--Randall