Re: [Ecrit] Changing the LoST Location Profile registry from Standards Action to Specification Required

Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@coretechnologyconsulting.com> Fri, 25 September 2020 21:15 UTC

From: Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@coretechnologyconsulting.com>
To: Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>
Cc: ecrit@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 14:14:46 -0700
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] Changing the LoST Location Profile registry from Standards Action to Specification Required

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your review, I appreciate it.  If I understand, you're
suggesting that in the IANA Considerations section it not name the
expert reviewer (I thought I needed to), and to replace "The reviewer
should use a criteria of a clear need and unambiguous definition for any
new value" with "The reviewer should verify that any proposed value is
specified by NENA or another SDO for emergency services, and meets a
criteria of a clear need and unambiguous definition"? And also replace
RFC 5226 with RFC 8126.

--Randall