Re: [Ecrit] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-10.txt

Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@randy.pensive.org> Thu, 22 September 2016 21:46 UTC

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 14:46:34 -0700
To: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu>
From: Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@randy.pensive.org>
Cc: ECRIT <ecrit@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-10.txt

At 3:08 PM -0400 9/22/16, Paul Kyzivat wrote:

>  Randall,
>
>  (Including ecrit)
>
>  On 9/22/16 12:26 PM, Randall Gellens wrote:
>>  Hi Paul,
>>
>>  Thanks very much for the quick review and comments.  I'm making other
>>  changes requested by Christer, and I want to fix the ones you found as
>>  well.
>>
>>  Section 12 is the Security Considerations.
>
>  In the -10 version I am looking at section 12 is Examples.

Sorry, I missed that you were replying to -10; I'd incorrectly
assumed you were replying to -12.

>>  Did you mean Section 11, the
>>  Examples?  Or maybe Figure 10 (one of the examples)?   More to the point
>>  on correct C-D, there's text in Section 6 that says:
>>
>>     If the body part
>>     containing the MSD or metadata/control block is the only body part,
>>     it has a Content-Disposition header field value of "Info-Package;
>>     handling=optional".  If it is contained within a multipart body part,
>>     it has a Content-Disposition header field value of "By-Reference;
>>     handling=optional".
>>
>>  So this is wrong?  What should it say?
>
>  That text seems ok, at least for this case.
>
>  IIUC it isn't discussing the C-D *on* the multipart/mixed
> container. It is discussing parts *within* the multipart. Those
> seem to be correctly tagged.
>
>  The "Info-Package" C-D is only applicable for an INFO message.
> Since this isn't an INFO message it makes no sense to use it.

That was fixed in -12.

I'm about to upload -13, which fixes the C-D issues.  I also added
text to clarify that "handling=optional" is only used in the initial
INVITE, to protect the INVITE from being rejected if it is processed
by a legacy element (such as a gateway between SIP and CS) that does
not understand an MSD.  I fixed the examples to comply.

--
Randall Gellens
After years of disclosures by government investigations, media accounts,