Re: [Ecrit] RFC 5031bis - Service URNs

"DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Wed, 03 December 2008 14:43 UTC

Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 15:43:32 +0100
From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <hannes.tschofenig@nsn.com>, ext Richard Barnes <rbarnes@bbn.com>
Cc: ECRIT <ecrit@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] RFC 5031bis - Service URNs
Sender: ecrit-bounces@ietf.org

Well I must admit I looked quickly and read something different and
wrongly.

If I was starting from scratch, I think I would write "standards track"
for the subservices of sos, but I cannot point to any problems with the
existing strategy, so on that basis there is no need to change it.

The main point I was making anyway is that we must not have a lower
level for "sos" and that we do need clear guidance to stop people
registering urns where there are more appropriate places to put
information other than a URI.

Keith