Re: [Ecrit] Ivo's review of draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-15 - ISSUE 7

Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@randy.pensive.org> Tue, 01 November 2016 15:50 UTC

Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 08:49:55 -0700
To: Ivo Sedlacek <ivo.sedlacek@ericsson.com>, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu>, "ecrit@ietf.org" <ecrit@ietf.org>
From: Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@randy.pensive.org>
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] Ivo's review of draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-15 - ISSUE 7

Hi Ivo,

It is explained in the same section.  A few paragraphs up it says:

    An In-Vehicle System (IVS) transmits an MSD (see Section 5) by
    encoding it per Annex A of EN 15722 [msd] and attaching it to a SIP
    message as a MIME body part per [RFC7852].

    [....]

    A PSAP or IVS transmits a metadata/control object (see Section 9) by
    encoding it per the description in this document and attaching it to
    a SIP message as a MIME body part per [RFC7852].

It also makes clear that the body part is in a multipart and which
Content-Disposition is used:

    An MSD or a metadata/control block is always enclosed in a multipart
    (normally multipart/mixed) body part (even if it would otherwise be
    the only body part in the SIP message), since as of the date of this
    document, the use of Content-ID as a SIP header field is not defined
    (while it is defined for use as a MIME header field).

    A body part containing an MSD or metadata/control object has a
    Content-Disposition header field value containing "By-Reference".

It later uses "attach" as short-hand for the process described above:

    An In-Vehicle System (IVS) initiating an NG-eCall attaches an MSD to
    the initial INVITE and optionally attaches a metadata/control object
    informing the PSAP of its capabilities.

--Randy