[Entmib] Updated Agenda

Margaret Wasserman <mrw@windriver.com> Fri, 20 July 2001 14:53 UTC

Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:58:42 -0400
To: entmib@ietf.org
From: Margaret Wasserman <mrw@windriver.com>
Cc: ipfc@standards.gadzoox.com
Subject: [Entmib] Updated Agenda
Sender: entmib-admin@ietf.org

NOTE:  The ipfc working group has been cc:ed because of the
        relationship to their work.

I have updated the agenda for the Entity MIB WG meeting to include
several issues raised during the Fibre Channel MIB review.  The new
agenda is attached, along with a reading list for meeting attendees.

Would anyone like to present on these (or other) topics?  If so,
please let me know what you would like to present and approximately
how long you will need.

IMPORTANT:
To date we have NO implementation reports for RFC 2737.  We know
that this MIB has been implemented by several groups.  If you are an
implementor, PLEASE step forward and complete an implementation
checklist before the IETF meeting.  WE CANNOT MOVE TO DRAFT STANDARD
WITHOUT DOCUMENTED IMPLEMENTATION EXPERIENCE!

Thanks,
Margaret

Entity MIB WG (entmib)

Tuesday, August 07 at 1415-1515
=================================

CHAIRS: Margaret Wasserman <mrw@windriver.com>

AGENDA:
Introduction and Agenda Bashing (5 min)

Implementation and Deployment Experience (10 min)
   - Review current RFC 2737 implementation reports
   - Review current RFC 2737 deployment experience
   - Are any changes, additions or deletions indicated
         by our implementation and deployment experience?

Issues Raised during Fibre Channel Review (30 min)
   - Are any additional objects (or changes to existing
     objects) needed to meet the needs of the FC MIB?
   - Should we expand our charter to write a sensor MIB?
       - Is there sufficient interest in doing this work
         within the Entity MIB WG?
       - Volunteers to write an internet draft?

Moving RFC 2737 to Draft Standard (15 min)
   - Do we need any changes based on earlier discussions?
   - Is further implementation or deployment experience
     needed? If so, in what areas?
   - Are we ready for WG last call?

READING LIST

RFC 2737:  Entity MIB (Version 2)

draft-ietf-entmib-impl-check-00.txt:  Entity MIB Implementation
   Checklist

draft-ietf-ipfc-fcmgmt-int-mib-06.txt: Fibre Channel Management
   Framework Integration MIB

Entity MIB WG mail dated 28-Jun-01 entitled "[Entmib] Questions
   regarding draft-ietf-ipfc-fcmgmt-int-mib-06.txt" (included
   below for the convenience)