[Entmib] FW: [psg.com #329] AutoReply: Usage State Scope

"Sharon Chisholm" <schishol@nortelnetworks.com> Thu, 12 February 2004 19:49 UTC

From: Sharon Chisholm <schishol@nortelnetworks.com>
To: entmib@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:46:42 -0500
Subject: [Entmib] FW: [psg.com #329] AutoReply: Usage State Scope
Sender: entmib-admin@ietf.org

The following is the proposed resolution to entstate-329. The issue will be
considered closed with no changes made to the document.

Well, this is the one object that most directly relates to its child
component. Our definition only talks about child components in terms of
physical entities. So, the ability of a port to 'contain' an logical
interface isn't reported by this status. I might be convinced to change the
definition but I think this concepts starts getting harder to describe and
understand when we start mixing physical containment and logical to physical
mappings.

I worry that talking about leafs and containers might confuse people. The
current definition speaks in terms of whether something else can be
contained in it. This is more consistent with the rest of the discussion.

Sharon