Re: [Enum] WG: New Draft: Trunk Group Use in ENUM RESTART - Secondrequest for guidence

"Richard Shockey" <richard@shockey.us> Fri, 22 May 2009 13:57 UTC

From: Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us>
To: 'Bernie Hoeneisen' <bernie@ietf.hoeneisen.ch>, 'Don Troshynski' <DTroshynski@acmepacket.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 09:59:24 -0400
Cc: enum@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Enum] WG: New Draft: Trunk Group Use in ENUM RESTART - Secondrequest for guidence

Chair hat off ..

>  Hi Don et al.
>
>  IMHO it doesn't matter at this point in time whether it will be BCP or
>  informational at the end of the day.

Yes it is important Bernie. BCP has a greater weight than Informational the
burden of proof is very different. BCP clearly requires extensive community
review.

>  The more important question is find a proper home for this work: I
>  propose this home to be SPEERMINT.

NO .. Bernie you did not listen the SPEERMINT chairs do not want it there.
Its not in their charter.

This work, YMMV, is much closer to
>  the
>  SPEERMINT WG charter than to the ENUM WG charter. In case SPEERMINT
>  won't  take it, it's up to DISPATCH to decide on this.

NO again. Why do you want to kill this? The WG agreed to do it. I don't
understand this procedure argument at all. DISPATCH right now is a black
hole that no one understands how it will work. This is a perfectly simple
draft with a perfectly simple solution that needs to be clarified so people
can deploy it correctly.

IMHO the expertise is here in ENUM not in DISPATCH ..or SPEERMINT.