[Enum] NITS review for draft-ietf-enum-validation-token-00

Alexander Mayrhofer <alexander.mayrhofer@enum.at> Tue, 07 February 2006 09:37 UTC

Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 10:36:48 +0100
From: Alexander Mayrhofer <alexander.mayrhofer@enum.at>
To: enum@ietf.org, Otmar Lendl <otmar.lendl@enum.at>
Subject: [Enum] NITS review for draft-ietf-enum-validation-token-00
Sender: enum-bounces@ietf.org

All,

i've performed a NITS review of said draft - Otmar will provide an updated
version before Dallas.

Generally, the document is in a good shape, and i'd be happy if we could get
this out of the door together with the other validation documents pretty
soon - they have been lurking around now for over a year.

My comments are as follows:

- idnits complains that references are not split between Normative and
Informative.

- Introduction: "ENUM" needs to be spelled out, E.164 is missing the
reference. I'm unsure whether "XML" needs to be spelled out or is well known
- question to the RFC editors pending.

- Data requirements: I'd add "piece of" between "only .. data". "Token's"
should be changed to "Tokens" in the second bullet.

- Digital Signature: XML-DSIG needs to be spelled out. Unsure about
"RSA-SHA1". Reference to X.509 is missing. "CA" needs to be spelled out.

- Field descriptions: Tags are sometimes called "tag", sometimes
"attributes" or "strings". This needs to be unified. The "computerized
directory assistance" fragment should be moved in front of the first
occurance of "E.115".

- Verification stuff: This should probably be generalized, since not only
the Registry might do verification of the token. Especially the security
considerations section would benefit from that.

- XML schemas: Please add "BEGIN" and "END" to the schemas to aid automatic
schema extraction (see eg. RFC4114 for example). Both schemas pass the
checking at http://www.w3c.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv

tia,

Alex Mayrhofer