Re: [Enum] RE: Section 3.2 of draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-00

"Stastny Richard" <Richard.Stastny@oefeg.at> Tue, 28 February 2006 21:33 UTC

Subject: Re: [Enum] RE: Section 3.2 of draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-00
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:10:35 +0100
From: Stastny Richard <Richard.Stastny@oefeg.at>
To: "Pfautz, Penn L, NEO" <ppfautz@att.com>, "Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood@cable.comcast.com>, enum@ietf.org

My (our) opinion is well known: I prefer
3.  There should be a separate sub-type for each URI scheme.

Re to Penns question:

Lets not mix up this with Enumservices and non-terminal
NAPTRs. IMHO we should dicuss the issue of non-terminal NAPTRs
separate, i.e if non-terminals should contain an Enumservice or
may not contain an Enumservice at all, and if they should contain subtypes

see Otmars I-D
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lendl-domain-policy-ddds-00.txt

on policy NAPTRs:

 An empty (non-existent) flag means that this rule is non-terminal and
   the client MUST use the key resulting from this rule as the input
   into a new DDDS loop.  Such non-terminal NAPTRs MUST NOT contain a
   policy-type element in the service-field.

I do not suggest yet any answer, but we should have a
statement in an eventual RFC3761bis, to make this clear.

regards

Richard