Re: [Enum] IETF 53 ENUM WG Minutes Preliminary

"Jay R. Hilton" <jhilton@telcordia.com> Tue, 09 April 2002 14:28 UTC

Subject: Re: [Enum] IETF 53 ENUM WG Minutes Preliminary
To: bill <bill@cnnic.net.cn>
Cc: enum@ietf.org, "Jay R. Hilton" <jhilton@telcordia.com>
From: "Jay R. Hilton" <jhilton@telcordia.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 09:08:15 -0500
Sender: enum-admin@ietf.org

Bill:

I have summarized the decisions (or lack of) made for each document
discussed in the ENUM WG at IETF #53 below.  I hope this will help you.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Jay Hilton
===============================

Document:  Status/Decision

1) Revised Charter:  Adequate discussion on the email list.  No further
changes proposed.  Accepted.

2) Milestones:  May be adjusted as a result of the discussions in the enum
meeting at IETF#53.  No agreements at the meeting to specific date changes.

3) RFC2916bis:  There will be an update after this IETF.  The author
requested that specific text editing suggestions would be appreciated,
rather than general statements that must be interpreted into specific text.

4) draft-walter-ranalli-enum-service-01.txt:  The Bis document (rfc2916bis)
captures all that was proposed in this ID.

5) draft-ietf-sipping-e164-01.txt:  The author will be, "Happy to remove
any traces of bigotry so that can go to last call
in both groups."  JRH:  My expectation is that the author will complete
required edits and then request a WG Last Call (SIPPING and ENUM).

6) draft-zmolek-enum-pointer-00.txt:  The author will revise the document
including "Consider embracing the definition of service resolution as put
forward in Leslie Daigle's "napster" draft", coordinate with the
sipping-e164 draft above and resubmit for discussion.

7) draft-brandner-enum-tel-00.txt:  No agreement on this document.  Some
concerns were expressed, including the "enum forum agreed to not combine
LNP data in enum.  Suggest using tel URI extensions to meet need."

8) draft-hollenbeck-epp-e164-02.txt:  "It was agreed that this could be a
WG item (Hum=yes).  Will need to be aligned with 2916bis.  IESG will review
this and insure it is within the revised charter for ENUM.  P.Falstrom and
R.Shockey: This class of activity is in the revised enum charter."

9) draft-lind-enum-callflows-03.txt:  It was agreed to make this a WG item
(Hum = yes)

10) draft-freilich-overview-enum-forum-00.txt:  For information only, no
discussion in meeting.

11) draft-iab-itu-enum-notes-00.txt:  For information only, no discussion
in meeting.

12) draft-ietf-enum-e164-gstn-np-03.txt:  For information only, no
discussion in meeting.

- end -