Re: [Enum] WG: New Draft: Trunk Group Use in ENUM RESTART - Second request for guidence

"Richard Shockey" <richard@shockey.us> Thu, 14 May 2009 21:41 UTC

From: Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us>
To: 'Lawrence Conroy' <lconroy@insensate.co.uk>, enum@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 17:42:27 -0400
Subject: Re: [Enum] WG: New Draft: Trunk Group Use in ENUM RESTART - Second request for guidence

>  Hi Richard, folks,
>    Maybe I wasn't clear in my March 3rd mail; IMHO, the original idea
>  using a separate Enumservice is irrecoverable.
>  I join the crowd asking the WG chairs to declare it dead.

OK ..its dead. Let me find the pearl handled revolver.

>   From experience of Experiences in the IESG, this *new* item should be
>  Informational, NOT BCP.  Customers can pull this out the final doc as a
requirement regardless
>  of its track.

Ultimately I don't have a problem with Informational though technically I
think it falls under the sort of draft that is ultimately a  BCP but I don't
want to belabor the point. What is important is there is documentation on
this particular type of usage or operators and vendors will attempt to
implement all sorts of silly things.

>  I asked this in March, and I repeat - why isn't this a candidate for
>  Individual or AD-sponsored?

Because it was a WG item to begin with and IMHO we should not, to use a US
colloquialism, be "buck-passers" as in the "buck stops here".