Re: [Enum] WG: New Draft: Trunk Group Use in ENUM RESTART - Second request for guidence

Lawrence Conroy <lconroy@insensate.co.uk> Thu, 14 May 2009 17:03 UTC

From: Lawrence Conroy <lconroy@insensate.co.uk>
To: Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 18:02:59 +0100
Cc: 'IETF ENUM WG' <enum@ietf.org>, 'Daryl Malas' <d.malas@cablelabs.com>
Subject: Re: [Enum] WG: New Draft: Trunk Group Use in ENUM RESTART - Second request for guidence

Hi Richard, folks,
Maybe I wasn't clear in my March 3rd mail; IMHO, the original idea
using a separate Enumservice is irrecoverable.
I join the crowd asking the WG chairs to declare it dead.

 From experience of Experiences in the IESG, this *new* item should be
Informational, NOT BCP.
Customers can pull this out the final doc as a requirement regardless
of its track.

I asked this in March, and I repeat - why isn't this a candidate for
Individual or AD-sponsored?

all the best,
  Lawrence