Re: [Enum] Protocol Action: 'IANA Registration for ENUMservices web and ft' to Proposed Standard

Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us> Wed, 08 September 2004 14:52 UTC

From: Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:52:47 -0400
To: Jeff Williams <"iesg-secretary at ietf.org">
Subject: Re: [Enum] Protocol Action: 'IANA Registration for ENUMservices web and ft' to Proposed Standard

At 12:14 AM 9/8/2004, Jeff Williams wrote:
Dear secretariat and all,
  Not surprising to yet again see the IESG screw up again.  As Mr. Shokey
know full well this proposed "Standard" is not in keeping with any consensus
from the ENUM working group.
> - 'IANA Registration for ENUMservices web and ft '
>    <draft-ietf-enum-webft-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard
The document in question was given extensive discussion in the context of
RFC 3761 and the IANA registration process for enumservices. The
documentary record is quite clear on this.

All proper procedures were taken in accordance with RFC 2026.
There was no objections raised at Working Group Last call and the documents
were then properly submitted for publication.

As usual, Mr. Williams you have obviously not taken the time or trouble to
read RFC 2026 which defines the Internet Standards Process, other wise you
would know that you would have had one last avenue of appeal during IESG
last call. But again ...you raised no objection then either.

In the future I would appreciate it if A. you could spell my name
correctly.  B.  confine your future remarks to WG items at hand.

#################
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:24:55 -0400
To: enum at ietf.org
From: Richard Shockey <rich.shockey at neustar.biz>
Cc: paf at cisco.com, mankin at psg.com, jon.peterson at neustar.biz
Subject: [Enum] ENUM Working Last Call on two enumservice field documents.
Sender: enum-admin at ietf.org
This is a formal request for final comments within the IETF ENUM WG
working group for two documents. The documents listed below are being
proposed for forwarding on to the IESG for consideration as Standards Track
RFC.

These documents are working group products, which have been discussed
during 2002-2003.

The purpose of a working group Last Call is in the style of "speak now or
forever hold your peace" in case there are fundamental objections which have
not gotten previous or adequate discussion, or minor errors which need
correction.
The 2 week Last Call will begin immediately and will end on July 2 at 12PM EST

        Title           : Registration for enumservices of group messages
        Author(s)       : R. Brandner et al.
        Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-msg-00.txt
        Pages           : 17
        Date            : 2003-6-16
This document registers a group of 'enumservices' [5] to be used to
indicate that the associated resources are capable of receiving
discrete messages.
Specifically, the 'enumservices' registered with this document are
'email', 'fax', 'sms', 'ems' and 'mms' using the URI schemes
'mailto:' and 'tel:'.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-msg-00.txt
#################
Title           : Registration for enumservices web and ft
        Author(s)       : R. Brandner et al.
        Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-webft-00.txt
        Pages           : 13
        Date            : 2003-6-16
This document registers a group of 'enumservices' [2] to be used to
indicate that the associated resources are primarily sources for
information.
Specifically, the 'enumservices' registered with this document are
'web' and 'ft' using the URI schemes 'http:', 'https:' and 'ftp:'.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-webft-00.txt
#################
To: IETF-Announce <ietf-announce at ietf.org>
From: The IESG <iesg-secretary at ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:35:00 -0400
Cc: enum at ietf.org
Subject: [Enum] Last Call: 'IANA Registration for ENUMservices web and ft'
 to Proposed Standard
Sender: enum-bounces at ietf.org
consider the following document:
- 'IANA Registration for ENUMservices web and ft '
   <draft-ietf-enum-webft-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
iesg at ietf.org or ietf at ietf.org mailing lists by 2004-08-25.
The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-webft-01.txt

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141 at fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>