RE: [Enum] Additional Agenda Item for Chicago- REVISED AGANDA

"Richard Shockey" <richard@shockey.us> Wed, 18 July 2007 14:08 UTC

From: Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us>
To: 'Otmar Lendl' <lendl@nic.at>
Subject: RE: [Enum] Additional Agenda Item for Chicago- REVISED AGANDA
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:07:08 -0400
Cc: enum@ietf.org, 'Cullen Jennings' <fluffy@cisco.com>, "'Peterson, Jon'" <jon.peterson@neustar.biz>

I've revisited my mail-exchange with Jon regarding his AD-review of
the combined+EBL draft where he raised some very valid points.

RS> I agree I think it is vitally important that we address these comments
on all the relevant drafts so Jon can present the suite to the IESG-IAB for
further consideration and action ASAP.

Given the evolution of these drafts, which first added features (from
a simple "insert label at position X" to "search the DNS for a new
RRTYPE containing 3 fields") and then removed some of them ("no more
tree-walking"), it was legitimate to revisit some of the design choices
which led to the current design.

This is late in the game, and way too late to get a new draft into the
archives by monday, nevertheless I think it is worthwhile for this
WG to spend some time on this again.

Rich, can you give me at least 15 mins of time for a presentation and
discussion?

RS>> DONE

FINAL FINAL - REVISED July 18

IETF 69 Chicago Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) WG Agenda

Chair(s):
Patrik Faltstrom <paf@cisco.com>
Richard Shockey <rich.shockey@neustar.biz>

WG Secretary:
Alexander Mayrhofer <alexander.mayrhofer@enum.at>

RAI Director(s):
Jon Peterson jon.peterson@neustar.biz
Cullen Jennings fluffy@cisco.com

RAI Area Advisor:
Jon Peterson jon.peterson@neustar.biz

MONDAY

1500-1520 Afternoon Beverage and Snack Break I - Fourth Floor Exhibition
Hall
1520-1720 Afternoon Session II
Monroe		INT	intarea	Internet Area Open Meeting
Salon 2		IRTF	eme	End Middle End Research Group
Crystal		OPS	nee	Netconf Extensions and Evolution BOF
Grand Ballroom	RAI	enum	Telephone Number Mapping WG
Adams		RAI	avt	Audio/Video Transport WG
State Ballroom	RTG	pce	Path Computation Element WG
Salon 3		SEC	dkim

Agenda Bashing. Note addition of ENUM Infrastructure

1. Status of Drafts and in Drafts the Queue Overview - Alexander Mayhofer WG
Secretary 10

2. Review status RFC 3761bis update. Scott Bradner ( Discussion of work
plan.) 15- 20

3. Review of existing drafts

3a Finishing up Infrastructure ENUM revisions and status - Otmar Lendl - 15
+ M

3b Chairs Notes: Focus discussion the Guide and Template draft in order to
use for the MGCP service application.

Bernie Hoeneisen - Leading Discussion 20+

	Title		: Guide and Template for IANA Registrations of
Enumservices
	Author(s)	: J. Livingood, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-04.txt
	Pages		: 19

This document provides a guide to and template for the creation of
   new IANA registration of ENUM (E.164 Number Mapping) services. It
   is also to be used for updates of existing IANA registrations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-04.tx

3c.	Registration of Enumservices for experimental, private or trial use
                 draft-hoeneisen-enum-x-service-regs-00.txt

	http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-hoeneisen-enum-x-service-regs-00.txt

4.

	Title		: Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) Service
Registration for MGCP
	Author(s)	: C. Bo, et al.
	Filename	: draft-chenbo-enum-mgcp-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2007-6-28

   MGCP decomposes a multimedia gateway into two parts, a call agent and
   a media gateway, thus brings greater extensibility and makes it easy
   to construct a large-scale VoIP network.  This document registers the
   MGCP Enumservice according to the guidelines given in RFC 3761
   [3].This kind of Enumservice is mainly applied in Carrier Networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chenbo-enum-mgcp-00.txt

5. 	Title		: ENUM-based Softswitch Requirement
	Author(s)	: J. Lim, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-softswitch-req-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2007-4-30

   This document describes experiences of operational requirements and
   several considerations for ENUM-based softswitches concerning call
   routing between two Korean VoIP carriers, gained during the ENUM pre-
   commercial trial hosted by National Internet Development Agency of
   Korea (NIDA) in 2006.

   These experiences show that an interim solution can maintain the
stability of on-going commercial softswitch system operations during   the
initial stage of ENUM service, where the DNS does not have   sufficient data
for the majority of calls.

6. So long and thanks for all the fish?