RE: [Enum] ENUM Working Group Last call on IANA Registration for Enumservice Voice

"Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood@cable.comcast.com> Fri, 14 October 2005 20:14 UTC

Subject: RE: [Enum] ENUM Working Group Last call on IANA Registration for Enumservice Voice
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:11:52 -0400
From: "Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood@cable.comcast.com>
To: enum@ietf.org
Cc: rudolf.brandner@siemens.com, "Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP)" <lwc@roke.co.uk>, Stastny Richard <Richard.Stastny@oefeg.at>
Sender: enum-bounces@ietf.org

> This draft is sufficiently easy to understand that this can
> proceed immediately to last call as we discussed in Paris.

Not to throw a wrench into the process, but can the authors please
insert an examples section into the I-D?  (Such as in RFC 3953, section
5, or draft-ietf-enum-void-01, section 6.)  I find these very useful and
it can often foster better / more efficient discussion about the
application intended by drafts in general.

I also find the ENUM service registration format from RFC 3953 (also RFC
3764, RFC 4002, draft-ietf-enum-void-01, draft-ietf-enum-msg-05, etc.)
to be a good guide as well (copied text below from RFC 3953).  It is
useful if all of the ENUMservice registrations follow a (somewhat)
uniform document format so that they may be more easily referenced by
developers and people deploying ENUM-enabled services/technology.

	ENUM Service Registration

   	As defined in [1], the following is a template covering
information
   	needed for the registration of the enumservice specified in this
   	document:

      Service name: "E2U+pres"

      URI scheme(s): "pres:"

      Functional Specification: See section 4.

      Security considerations: See section 6.

      Intended usage: COMMON

      Author: Jon Peterson (jon.peterson@neustar.biz)

      Any other information that the author deems interesting: See
      section 3.

Just my feedback, take it or leave it.  :-)

Thanks
Jason Livingood