Re: [Fecframe] Review for draft-ietf-fecframe-rtp-raptor-02

Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org> Thu, 29 October 2009 18:25 UTC

From: Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org>
To: fecframe@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:26:02 +0000
Subject: Re: [Fecframe] Review for draft-ietf-fecframe-rtp-raptor-02

Hi,

I have some comments, in addition to those made by Ali. This looks
like a decent initial draft, but  does not appear to be ready for
working group last call.

Section 4.1: what timestamp rate is used?

Section 4.3 is empty? This seems to be missing the important content
that describes how the payload format works.

Section 6.x:
- The change controller is listed as the AVT working group, but AVT
has never seen this draft. This draft should be presented in AVT and
the WG last call should be copied to the AVT list.

- The "rate" is a required parameter for RTP payload formats, but
isn't listed here.

The offer/answer considerations in Section 8 cannot be "None." if this
is to be used with SDP offer/answer, such as with SIP. This section
needs to specify how the parameters are to be negotiated.

Section 9: again, this cannot be "None", and needs to specify how the
media parameters are to be used with declarative SDP.

Section 11 (Security Considerations) is insufficient. At minimum, the
security considerations from the Raptor FECFRAME draft, RFC 3550 and
any applicable RTP profiles apply. See also draft-ietf-avt-rtp-howto-06

Colin

--
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/