Re: [Gen-art] Lars Eggert's Discuss on draft-ietf-6lowpan-hc-13: (with DISCUSS)

"Dan Wing" <dwing@cisco.com> Wed, 19 January 2011 15:52 UTC

From: Dan Wing <dwing@cisco.com>
To: "'Pascal Thubert (pthubert)'" <pthubert@cisco.com>, 'Lars Eggert' <lars.eggert@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 07:55:10 -0800
Cc: gen-art@ietf.org, draft-ietf-6lowpan-hc@tools.ietf.org, 6lowpan-chairs@tools.ietf.org, 'The IESG' <iesg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Lars Eggert's Discuss on draft-ietf-6lowpan-hc-13: (with DISCUSS)

Because 6MAN had not finished deciding exactly what it wanted to do
regarding zero checksums in UDP, we sidestepped the issue as much
as we could.

BEHAVE allows a configuration option to (a) drop an IPv4 UDP packet
without a checksum, or (b) have the translator calculate the checksum:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-behave-v6v4-xlate-23#section-4.5

That document has finished IESG review.

-d