[Gen-art] Re: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-crisp-iris-xpc-04.txt

Andrew Newton <andy@hxr.us> Wed, 24 January 2007 17:21 UTC

From: Andrew Newton <andy@hxr.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:21:47 -0500
To: Black_David@emc.com
Cc: hardie@qualcomm.com, april.marine@nominum.com, gen-art@ietf.org, ggm@apnic.net
Subject: [Gen-art] Re: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-crisp-iris-xpc-04.txt

On Jan 23, 2007, at 9:11 PM, Black_David@emc.com wrote:

> The -05 version of this draft responds to the open issue identified
> in the Gen-ART review of the -04 version - Section 14.1 contains
> the information that RFC 4422 requires for proper use of SASL.
>
> A couple of minor concerns in the review were not responded to:
>
>> The discussion of chunk ordering in Section 6 on p.9
>> combines restrictions on which chunk types may co-exist
>> in a single block with requirements on ordering of those
>> types within a block.  The combined discussion is somewhat
>> confusing - it would be clearer if these two topics were
>> separated - specify what is allowed within a single block,
>> then specify ordering requirements for what is allowed.
>>
>> Section 9 should state how the client and server determine
>> whether TLS is to be used.  Since well-known ports are
>> registered for both XPC and XPCS, this appears to be
>> determined by client selection of which server port to use.
>
> The first one's a matter of taste, and the second one should
> be fine to omit, as it can be inferred from the registrations
> by analogy to HTTP and HTTPS.

For the first issue, I did try to write langauge as suggested.  But
each time I produced something less readable than what I had.  I am
welcome to any suggestions and text.

The second issue is addressed with the base spec (RFC 3981) and the
registration of the URI schemes.  If you thinking explicitly pointing
that out in Section 9 is helpful, then that can be added.

-andy