Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-mpls-ip-options-05.txt

"David Smith (djsmith)" <djsmith@cisco.com> Wed, 01 December 2010 22:01 UTC

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 16:02:50 -0600
From: "David Smith (djsmith)" <djsmith@cisco.com>
To: "Miguel A. Garcia" <Miguel.A.Garcia@ericsson.com>, wjaeger@att.com, "John Mullooly (jmullool)" <jmullool@cisco.com>, tscholl@nlayer.net, "George Swallow (swallow)" <swallow@cisco.com>, Adrian Farrel <adrian.farrel@huawei.com>, General Area Review Team <gen-art@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-mpls-ip-options-05.txt

Hi Miguel,

Many thanks for your review.

Regarding your nits/editorial comments:

>- Please expand acronyms at first occurrence. This includes: MPLS

MPLS is on the RFC Editor's list of acronyms that are "well known". So
we're inclined not to expand it.

>- This is also very personal, but I think the presence of the word
"Requirements" in the title of the draft may mislead the reader,
thinking that this document just contains a collection of functional
requirements but does not affect a protocol implementation. Since the
draft proposes real actions at LERs, then I would suggest to remove
"Requirements for" from the title.

The current title was specifically recommended by active members of the
MPLS WG. So we're inclined not to change it.

Adrian - Let us know if you think otherwise. We'll change if required.

Regards,

/dave