Re: [Gen-art] Gen-art review of draft-ietf-xmpp-3920bis-19 (updated)

Elwyn Davies <elwynd@dial.pipex.com> Tue, 30 November 2010 23:00 UTC

From: Elwyn Davies <elwynd@dial.pipex.com>
To: Peter Saint-Andre <Peter.SaintAndre@webex.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 23:01:49 +0000
Cc: "draft-ietf-xmpp-3920bis.all@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-xmpp-3920bis.all@tools.ietf.org>, General Area Review Team <gen-art@ietf.org>, "iesg@ietf.org" <iesg@ietf.org>, "xmpp@ietf.org" <xmpp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-art review of draft-ietf-xmpp-3920bis-19 (updated)

Hi.

Ah!  My reply to Russ' email and this just crossed in the aether.

Yes these seem to be an excellent solution, especially combined with the
move from hostname to FQDN etc noted previously.

There are a couple of points later where I complained about some SHOULDS
and realized afterwards that they are not actually protocol
specifications but hopes about communications:

> s8.2.1: A reference to s10.3.1, where the meaning of a message with
> 'to'
> attribute is explained, would clarify the first SHOULD.  Adding 'if
> possible' to route or deliver it to the intended recipient' would
> explain the second SHOULD which should probably be lowercase 'should'
> as this
> isn't a conformance issue but a matter of whether the connections are
> available.
>
> s8.2.2: The second and third SHOULDs probably need 'if possible' to
> explain them and they should probably be lowercase 'should' as this
> isn't a conformance issue but a matter of whether the connections are
> available.

Full reeponses tomorrow.. last night was late enough :-)

Regards,
Elwyn