[Gen-art] Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-segment-recovery-02

<Pasi.Eronen@nokia.com> Tue, 26 September 2006 14:07 UTC

Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:02:28 +0300
From: Pasi.Eronen@nokia.com
To: gen-art@ietf.org, lberger@movaz.com, ibryskin@movaz.com, adrian@olddog.co.uk, dimitri.papadimitriou@alcatel.be, dbrungard@att.com, fenner@research.att.com, rcallon@juniper.net
Cc: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-segment-recovery-02

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call
comments you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-segment-recovery-02
Reviewer: Pasi Eronen
Review Date:  September 26, 2006
IETF LC Date: September 20, 2006
IESG Telechat date: not known yet

I can tell with my limited knowledge of GMPLS and RSVP-TE), but
has nits that should be fixed before publication.

First a disclaimer: I am not very familiar with GMPLS or RSVP-TE,
so my comments are of rather general nature.

- Since this document defines bits originally marked as "RESERVED"
  in [E2E-RECOVERY], it probably should be listed in "Updates:" list
  on the cover page.

- Section 4.1 is a bit unclear on whether it's defining a new
  subobject or modifying something that already exists. Currently,
  the only explanation is "The protection subobject is not valid
  for use with the Explicit and Record Route objects and MUST NOT
  be included in those objects." It might be more understandable
  to start by explaining where it is valid, and where it can be
  included.

- Section 9 (IANA considerations) is extremely unclear on what
  exactly IANA is supposed to do (e.g., in which registry
  assignments should be made, and what exactly is to be assigned
  there), and should be rewritten according to the guidelines in
  Section 5 of draft-narten-iana-considerations-rfc2434bis.

Minor nits:

- Section 2: "0-bit" (zero) probably should be "O-bit" (upper case O)?
- Section 6.1: How will the RFC editor know what to replace "TBA" with?
  references should be updated.
- Idnits complains about long lines.

Best regards,
Pasi