Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-pim-group-rp-mapping-07.txt

Adrian Farrel <Adrian.Farrel@huawei.com> Fri, 24 December 2010 13:14 UTC

Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 13:16:49 +0000
From: Adrian Farrel <Adrian.Farrel@huawei.com>
To: 'Bharat Joshi' <bharat_joshi@infosys.com>, 'Brian E Carpenter' <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>, "'Andy Kessler (kessler)'" <kessler@cisco.com>
Cc: draft-ietf-pim-group-rp-mapping.all@tools.ietf.org, 'General Area Review Team' <gen-art@ietf.org>, "'Mike McBride (mmcbride)'" <mmcbride@cisco.com>, 'Stig Venaas' <stig@venaas.com>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-pim-group-rp-mapping-07.txt

Hi,

IETF last call completed without further comments.

Can I suggest

OLD
   When a Group-to-RP mapping entry is created in the
   pimGroupMappingTable in the PIM-STD MIB[RFC5060], it would be
   acceptable to have an entry with an RP with address type 'unknown'
   and a PimMode of Dense Mode or SSM.  These entries would represent
   group ranges for Dense mode or SSM.

   Also all the entries which are already included in the SSM Range
   table in the IP Mcast MIB would be copied over to
   pimGroupMappingTable.  They would have a type of configSSM and an RP
   with address type 'unknown' as described above.

   The advantage of keeping all the ranges in the table would be that
   this table will contain all the known multicast group ranges.
NEW
   An implementation of this specification can continue to be managed
   using the PIM-STD-MIB [RFC5060]. When a Group-to-RP mapping entry is
   created in the pimGroupMappingTable the RP with address type in the
   pimGroupMappingRPAddressType object is set to unknown(0), and the
   PIM Mode in the pimGroupMappingPimMode onject is set to either
   ssm(2) or dm(5) to represent group ranges for SSM or Dense mode.

   Also, all the entries which are already included in the SSM Range
   table in the IP Mcast MIB [insert reference] are copied to the
   pimGroupMappingTable. Such entries have their type in the
   pimGroupMappingOrigin object set to configSsm(3), and the RP
   address type in the pimGroupMappingRPAddressType object set to
   unknown(0) as described above.
END

In addition, you have a few other changes to make, so I will wait for a new revision before asking the IESG to review the document.