Re: [Gen-art] [CCAMP] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-05 - Nits/editorial items

Fatai Zhang <zhangfatai@huawei.com> Wed, 05 August 2015 01:08 UTC

From: Fatai Zhang <zhangfatai@huawei.com>
To: "Black, David" <david.black@emc.com>, "adrian@olddog.co.uk" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, "fu.xihua@zte.com.cn" <fu.xihua@zte.com.cn>, "daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com" <daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com>, "ihussain@infinera.com" <ihussain@infinera.com>, 'General Area Review Team' <gen-art@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 01:07:34 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.66.72.159]
Cc: "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>, "ietf@ietf.org" <ietf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] [CCAMP] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-05 - Nits/editorial items

Hi Adrian and David,

Thanks for your comments.

I just have one comment for clarification on the following proposal:

I think the original text is correct, so it is not necessary to add the last sentence in the "NEW'.

I think the amount of frequency in use is exactly the same value of the slot width (ie., m*SWG). Please see the formula:

Frequency slot = [(central frequency) - (slot width)/2] ~[(central frequency) + (slot width)/2]

In addition, I think some people might be confused by Nominal Central Frequency Granularity (which is 6.25) and Slot Width Granularity (which is 12.5).

> OLD

>>    o  Slot Width: The slot width determines the "amount" of optical

>>       spectrum regardless of its actual "position" in the frequency

>>       axis.  A slot width is constrained to be m x SWG (that is, m x

>>       12.5 GHz), where m is an integer greater than or equal to 1.

> >NEW

>>    o  Slot Width: The slot width determines the "amount" of optical

>>       spectrum regardless of its actual "position" in the frequency

>>       axis.  A slot width is constrained to be m x SWG (that is, m x

> >      12.5 GHz), where m is an integer greater than or equal to 1.

>>       The slot width defines the amount of spectrum in use on

>>       each side of the central frequency, thus the amount of

>>       frequency in use is actually twice the value of the slot width.

>That definitely helps.

Best Regards

Fatai