[Gen-art] GenART Telechat review of draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req-02

Ben Campbell <ben@estacado.net> Tue, 16 February 2010 21:33 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@estacado.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:34:30 -0600
To: hgs+ecrit@cs.columbia.edu, Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>, barbara.stark@att.com, andres.kytt@skype.net, General Area Review Team <gen-art@ietf.org>, L.Liess@telekom.de
Cc: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>, marc.linsner@cisco.com, IETF-Discussion list <ietf@ietf.org>
Subject: [Gen-art] GenART Telechat review of draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req-02

[Oops, resending with the updated address for Laura Liess. Sorry for the repeat]

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req-02
Reviewer: Ben Campbell
Review Date: 16 Feb 2010
IESG Telechat date: 18 Feb 2010

Major issues:
Minor issues:

-- section 3.3, first bullet:

I'm still a little confused by seeing a normative MUST in a section entitled "Desirable Properties". If it's really a MUST, then perhaps it should be promoted to a bona-fide requirement? Otherwise, perhaps it should be a SHOULD?

Nits/editorial comments:

-- Req-10:  The solution MUST allow the end host to determine PSAP/ESRP URLs prior to the call, for all emergency services.

Who is the "end host"?

-- section 3.3, third bullet:

s/"...break by the presence..."/"...break in the presence..."    [or "...be broken by the presence..."]

-- idnits has some new things to say. (I suspect the boilerplate complaints have to do with the paragraphs splitting across page breaks.)