[Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-regext-org-10

Stewart Bryant <stewart.bryant@gmail.com> Mon, 08 October 2018 16:52 UTC

From: Stewart Bryant <stewart.bryant@gmail.com>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-regext-org.all@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, regext@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2018 09:52:27 -0700
Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-regext-org-10

Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review result: Ready with Issues

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-regext-org-10
Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review Date: 2018-10-08
IETF LC End Date: 2018-10-08
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

This is a well written document, and ready for publication.

Major issues: None

Minor issues:
The RFC 2718 normative reference is a bit strange to one that does not normally
work in this area. RFC 2718 has been obsoleted, and this is covered by it being
called out in the IETF LC. However RFC 2718 is called out because the text
requires a reference to UTF-16, and there is apparently no reference to it
other than the obsolete RFC 2718 text. This makes me wonder why this document
requires support of the format.

Perhaps a comment on this might be useful to other puzzled readers.

In Section  3.6 the text says: "Loops SHOULD be prohibited."

I am surprised this is not a MUST, since SHOULD means that clients need to make
the test whenever they used the repository and were worried about this, whereas
MUST would mean that the server makes the test once.

Nits/editorial comments:

Nits points out an issue with the RFC2119 boiler plate and also a line too
long, but these will be fixed by the RFC Editor as a matter of course.