Re: [Geopriv] A new draft on Bayesian Location Identifiers

todd glassey <tglassey@earthlink.net> Fri, 15 October 2010 15:41 UTC

Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 08:43:07 -0700
From: todd glassey <tglassey@earthlink.net>
To: geopriv@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Geopriv] A new draft on Bayesian Location Identifiers

On 10/14/2010 9:58 AM, Christian Hoene wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we just have finished a first version of a draft, what presents a transmission format for uncertain, relative and transformed location estimates: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-hoene-geopriv-bli-00.txt
> Any comments and any feedback are welcomed.
>
> With best regards,
>
>  Christian Hoene

> Dr.-Ing. Christian Hoene
> Interactive Communication Systems (ICS), University of Tübingen
> Sand 13, 72076 Tübingen, Germany, Phone +49 7071 2970532
> http://www.net.uni-tuebingen.de/

Two points Christian - this is excellent work.

In my version of the OGC world, the whole schema is tied to the use
models where ranges of location values can be used to trigger coordinate
controls.  I call these ranges physical, virtual and logical.

Logical Locations are things like network addresses, physical can be any
number of location type noticing systems and virtual includes
policy-control to adapt for cloud and ephemeral-process constraints
which need this type of control practice.

Nice work again!

Todd Glassey - as the principal inventor of LOCATION BASED SERVICES in
data security and policy control models.