Re: [Geopriv] retransmission-allowed is harmful

"Thomson, Martin" <Martin.Thomson@andrew.com> Sun, 15 March 2009 23:34 UTC

Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 18:35:19 -0500
From: "Thomson, Martin" <Martin.Thomson@andrew.com>
To: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>, GEOPRIV <geopriv@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Geopriv] retransmission-allowed is harmful

a) no need to move them, the ruleset-reference is actually pretty good.  Reading lo-sec, I'm thinking that the function this provides (authorizing a rule maker) is useful.  However, this assumes that the use case is valid...not something I've really thought about all that much - how often does one pass information to someone then give them instructions on how they share that - usually, it's enough to indicate that the information is secret rather than trusting someone else to manage dissemination.

b) There's no need to move policy around with it - this is really just a rehash of the discussion on whether we need to indicate that the location URI follows possession model or not.

this email is prohibited.
[mf2]