Re: [GROW] draft-ietf-grow-bgp-gshut status?

Ben Maddison <benm@workonline.co.za> Wed, 15 March 2017 15:22 UTC

From: Ben Maddison <benm@workonline.co.za>
To: Job Snijders <job@ntt.net>, "bruno.decraene@orange.com" <bruno.decraene@orange.com>
CC: "grow@ietf.org" <grow@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 15:22:32 +0000
x-originating-ip: [2c0f:fa90:2000:204:2916:1b81:feac:2035]
Subject: Re: [GROW] draft-ietf-grow-bgp-gshut status?

I would be very happy with that outcome.
We've been using this for ages, and would like to see it work more widely in our adjacent networks.

Although not truly a fix for the transitivity problem, when we match on gshut from a peer, in addition to setting a lower-than-usual LP, we also append no-export, which prevents gshut-ed prefixes from leaking at all.
I've never been hugely worried about the security consequences otherwise.

Cheers,

Ben Maddison

Director
Workonline Communications (Pty) Ltd