[Hipsec-rg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-heer-hip-middle-auth-02

heer at cs.rwth-aachen.de (Tobias Heer) Fri, 27 February 2009 16:35 UTC

From: "heer at cs.rwth-aachen.de"
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:35:06 +0100
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-heer-hip-middle-auth-02

Hi folks,

There is a new version of the middle auth draft. For details see the
change log below:

Changes since version 01:

* Most important: Condensed puzzle and nonce into one parameter. This
simplifies handling at the middleboxes since these don't need to
reorder parameters any more. It also makes the draft less complicated.

* Updated references to match last standardization progress of HIP
drafts

* Removed ambiguity in Protocol Overview (Section 2.1)

* Removed 32-byte guideline and added more general text in Section 2.1.1

* Added reference to RFC2460 for IPv6 1280 byte packet limit in
Section 2.1.1

* Fixed wrong figure numbers.

* Fixed some amiguities in section 2.2

* Removed redundant text - The document is much leaner now.

Changes since version 00:

* New section about security and bindings between HIP and ESP traffic

* Rewrite and extension of the discussion of the security properties.

* Minor fixes for alignment with the base documents (packet sizes)

Abstract:
The Host Identity Protocol [RFC2119]is a signaling protocol for
secure communication, mobility, and multihoming by introducing a
cryptographic namespace.  This document specifies an extension for
HIP that enables middleboxes to unambiguously verify the identities
of hosts that communicate across them.  This extension enables
middleboxes to verify the liveness and freshness of a HIP association
and, thus, enables reliable and secure access control in middleboxes.

Comments are very appreciated.

The draft can be found here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-heer-hip-middle-auth-02.txt

BR,

Tobias

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

--
Dipl.-Inform. Tobias Heer, Ph.D. Student
Distributed Systems Group