Re: [hrpc] resolving pending charter issues

Niels ten Oever <niels@article19.org> Fri, 27 November 2015 15:54 UTC

Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 16:54:28 +0100
From: Niels ten Oever <niels@article19.org>
To: Stanley Shanapinda <Stanley.Shanapinda@student.adfa.edu.au>, "hrpc@irtf.org" <hrpc@irtf.org>
Subject: Re: [hrpc] resolving pending charter issues

Hi Stanley,

Thanks a lot for your question. Privacy is not specifically mentioned
because the problem of security as well as privacy are already much
better understood in the IETF than other rights concepts.
Privacy for instance is already mentioned in RFC1087 [0] and
culminated in the great document RFC6973 [1] to which we are referring
in the charter.

So I would think it is sufficiently covered, let me know if after this
you still think differently.

Another nice piece of reading on this topic is by Nick Doty [2].

Happy to discuss!

Best,

Niels

[0] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1087
[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6973
[2] https://npdoty.name/privacy-reviews/iwpe/

Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                   678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9