Re: [hrpc] re how 8280 is being used for HR considerations sections

Niels ten Oever <mail@nielstenoever.net> Tue, 04 May 2021 08:39 UTC

From: Niels ten Oever <mail@nielstenoever.net>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 10:39:21 +0200
To: Sandra Braman <braman@tamu.edu>
CC: hrpc@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [hrpc] re how 8280 is being used for HR considerations sections

Hi Sandra,

Thanks a lot for your offer of examining those drafts. As a background, may I offer the fact that both authors of I-Ds that have been assessed, authors of I-Ds that used the guidelines themselves, as well as people who have done several assessment of other people's I-Ds using these guidelines, have contributed to the current document? So in that sense I think this document already lives up to what you describe as: 'the document should not be considered complete until uses people are making of the existing document for which the draft is trying to provide guidelines have been examined and insights they provide have been incorporated into the text'.

Best,

Niels

PS You might want to have a look at several mailinglists to see how RFC 3552 and RFC6973 came into being if you want to make a proper comparison between those documents and draft-guidelines.