Re: A mechanism to encode HTTP version information in DNS

"Adrien W. de Croy" <adrien@qbik.com> Sun, 17 February 2013 21:34 UTC

From: "Adrien W. de Croy" <adrien@qbik.com>
To: Eliot Lear <lear@cisco.com>, Phillip Hallam-Baker <hallam@gmail.com>
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:31:49 +0000
Subject: Re: A mechanism to encode HTTP version information in DNS

I've always thought one of the issues with SRV is the transport is in
the wrong part - the name, so you can't specify that with the result.

For something new, we should look at putting the transport into the RR
data instead of the name

then it makes it possible to deploy over multiple transports later on,
e.g. SCTP, UDP whatever if desired.