Re: [i2rs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state-06.txt --

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 26 May 2016 17:50 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Andy Bierman' <andy@yumaworks.com>, 'Juergen Schoenwaelder' <j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de>, 'Jeffrey Haas' <jhaas@pfrc.org>, i2rs@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 13:50:30 -0400
Subject: Re: [i2rs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state-06.txt --

Andy:

On Ephemeral-REQ-05/06:  You are correct, the ephemeral indication in Yang could be an extension.   Do you have a suggestion to revise the text for Ephemeral-REQ-05?

   Ephemeral-REQ-05: The ability to augment an object with appropriate
   YANG structures that have the property of being ephemeral.  An object
   defined as Yang module, schema tree, a schema node, submodule or
   components of a submodule (derived types, groupings, data node, RPCs,
   actions, and notifications".

    Ephemeral-REQ-06: Yang MUST have a way to indicate in a data model
   that nodes have the following properties: ephemeral, writable/not-
   writable, status/configuration, and secure/non-secure transport.  (If
   you desire examples, please see [I-D.hares-i2rs-protocol-strawman]
   for potential yang syntax).

Sue