Re: [i2rs] I-D Action: draft-keyupate-i2rs-bgp-usecases-02.txt

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Fri, 06 June 2014 20:57 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Dean Bogdanovic' <deanb@juniper.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 16:57:20 -0400
Cc: i2rs@ietf.org, 'Susan Hares' <skh@ndzh.com>, rex@cisco.com, "'t.petch'" <ietfc@btconnect.com>, "'Keyur Patel (keyupate)'" <keyupate@cisco.com>, 'Hannes Gredler' <hannes@juniper.net>, 'Russ White' <russw@riw.us>
Subject: Re: [i2rs] I-D Action: draft-keyupate-i2rs-bgp-usecases-02.txt

Dean:

Thank you for the complete review of version 3.   Great review!

On readability, Jeff Haas suggest putting all the requirements in the front.
Would that make it better?  It's an easy switch (other than listening to
Jeff say "I told you so").   On configuration persistence, you are correct.
My understanding of the feedback from the WG had been write from I2RS
datastore to configuration datastore.  I will go back and review the posts
from the WG and check with co-authors dynamic memory.  If the intent is
empheral store, then we can use a variant of your text.

On REQ01/02 - (01) Read/write access  versus  (02) notification and REQ08/09
- (08) Write versus (09) read/notify status --- I agree these could be
combined if the WG desires or split on read/write versus notification. Do
you have any preference?

On the danger of inserting flow specifications, you are right. However, see
IDR's discussion flow specification for choices.  IDRs argues advanced
features are like a rope, chair and whip - one can either hang oneself or
tame a lion.

Sue