Re: [i2rs] draft-mglt-i2rs-security-environment-reqs, REQ 3

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 27 August 2015 20:53 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Jeffrey Haas' <jhaas@pfrc.org>, i2rs@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:53:50 -0400
Subject: Re: [i2rs] draft-mglt-i2rs-security-environment-reqs, REQ 3

Jeff:

I agree it is a goal rather than an absolute.  My first discussions with
Daniel pointed this out.  Do you think moving it back to

   REQ 3:  The I2RS Agent validates data to try to insure that
         injecting the Information does not create a deadlock with any other
system
        or a routing loop or prevent the control plane from converging.
       (This is a goal for the system, and it should keep track of when
        Injecting information does cause deadlocks, routing loops, or
        retards the routing convergence process.).

Or is it better to suggest it as a recommendation?  Any thoughts?

Sue