[Ianaplan] the network is the people not only the U.S.

JFC Morfin <jefsey@jefsey.com> Sun, 13 March 2016 13:12 UTC

Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 14:11:52 +0100
To: Leslie Daigle <ldaigle@thinkingcat.com>, "Ianaplan@Ietf. Org" <ianaplan@ietf.org>
From: JFC Morfin <jefsey@jefsey.com>
Cc: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>, Marc Blanchet <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca>, jeanjour@comcast.net, vint@google.com, pouzin@enst.fr
Subject: [Ianaplan] the network is the people not only the U.S.

At 18:21 10/03/2016, Leslie Daigle wrote:
>Following up the notice that Marc shared earlier:  not only has the ICG
>shared the combined plan with the ICANN board, today the ICANN board has
>voted in favour of accepting the unified IANA transition proposal, for
>which the IANAPLAN

Dear Chairs,

It is sad that the IAB and IETF consensus as well as the ICANN Board
have all chosen to disrespect the spirit of the incomplete RFC 6852.
I made sure through two appeals that the OpenStand lack of technical
conflict resolution process among "global communities" was a
deliberate and consensual IAB/IETF strategy. The ICANN BoD decision
to support this strategy to its own benefit and to the (IETF
accepted) NTIA advantage is, therefore, a clearly endorsed consensual
technical and ethical breach of trust when referring to the IEN 48
second objective.

This is now clearly confirmed by:

- Alissia Cooper: (ICG Chair) : "there will be a hearing about the
IANA stewardship transition in the US House Energy and Commerce
Committee
<file:///C:\Users\MORFIN\AppData\Local\Temp\x-apple-data-detectors:\0>on
Thursday, March
17<<https://energycommerce.house.gov/hearings-and-votes/hearings/privatizing-internet-assigned-number-authority>https://energycommerce.house.gov/hearings-and-votes/hearings/privatizing-internet-assigned-number-authority>.
I will be testifying as the ICG chair and will mention that I am
serving on the ICG as an IETF appointee and that I am on the IESG. I
am there to speak to the details of the transition proposal and
provide some perspective from the [my note: IETF] technical community.

- Lawrence E. Strickling, "US Assistant Secretary for Communications
and Information and NTIA":
<https://www.ntia.doc.gov/blog/2016/reviewing-iana-transition-proposal>https://www.ntia.doc.gov/blog/2016/reviewing-iana-transition-proposal.

This is clear and utterly consistent with the NSA sponsored IP
technology security freezing of 1986 after the RFC 923 misstep: the
closing of my Tymnet Extended Services department, and the creation
of the IETF for the US virtual glocal networking (VGN) protocol
monopoly politically and commercially established over the peoples of
the world network's global catenet.

The US ARPANET led to the US Internet, which in turn leads to the US
multistakeholder model under NTIA's review along its criteria: US
multistakeholder and neither multilateral nor omnistakeholder
approach, dominant name system (I should have copyrighted DNs!), IANA
market protection, and BUG (Be Unilaterally Global TCP) technology
for all, with the help of "the other U.S. government agencies", under
the guidance of "the U.S. Government Accountability Office" and the
monitoring of the "U.S. Congress".

However, over the past 30 years, the IETF has not addressed security,
people's languages, and the permissionless innovation issues in a
convincing way not making the US digital leadership stumble in Dubai
in front of the other National Security Agencies.

And now ?
It is time for the IEN 48 glocal definition and second objective.

In spite of the resulting networking architecture, relative
regression, and "status quo" of the last three decades, software
technologies and experience made tremendous progress and the balances
between commercial, military, and civil R&D budgets and capacities
have evolved. As a consequence, it is now probably possible:

* to technically bypass the tri-decennial impact of the internet
conceptual freeze of the world's catenet;
* to pragmatically and progressively free it from its US
military-industrial Unix super-user culture
* and to adequately review its US establishment take-over of the
global digital intrastructure and governance to everyone's (including
the US) best interest.

It may take time, lead to new strategic alliances, have to sustain
new user behaviors, and result in a totally new, robust, and
diversified architectonic landscape and human environment. Such a
change may be both delaying and also an exciting simplification
challenge (RFC 3439). I enjoy the prospect as my basic principle,
which I derive from Leibnitz and Chaitin, states "the simpler the
premises, the richer the emergence".

This is what, with friends, we are going to discuss, develop,
reenter, test, and hopefully deploy in the coming years; outside of
the I-CANN/AB/ETF conglomerate, and hopefully coherently extended to
the whole information, communication, and intellition spectrum. I
cannot commit on behalf of my colleagues or those who will join us,
but I hope we can continue working and make friendly ties with it
all, as per RFC 6852 (we [as "XLIBRE"] will probably extend toward a
better multi/omni-stakeholderist concerting).

I apologize for having, over the years, harassed the IETF at large in
order to somewhat keep it on my tracks. I particularly thank Vint and
John for the work on IDNs. RFC 5895 is what conceptually (will)
permit(s) the 1978 catenet, the 1983 internet, and the coming cobotic
"intersems", as I tend to call their architectural class, to
interoperate by subsidiarity.

 From today, I understand the IETF is the technical support of the
Internet AmerICANN National Agency (IANA) for the GAFAM/USCC global
community, a key participant in the international packet switch
system (IPSS) in which we made it welcome in 1984.

If you still have a negotiation capacity with ICANN or the NTIA, I
suggest IAB to take over the CLASS "IN" ".iana" registry. This might
help users, someday, understand the way the internet protocol set of
the catenet is documented and supported.

Best
jfc