[Iccrg] Final agenda for the Paris meeting

michawe@ifi.uio.no (Michael Welzl) Tue, 20 March 2012 12:50 UTC

From: michawe@ifi.uio.no
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:50:02 +0000
Subject: [Iccrg] Final agenda for the Paris meeting

Hi all,

The agenda for the ICCRG meeting @ IETF 83 (Paris), Tuesday 27 March
2012, is now finalized. You can find it at:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/agenda/agenda-83-iccrg.txt
and below.

Only slot 1 has changed; note that I had to make some presentations a
little shorter than the presenters originally requested to fit
everything in (I think it was well worth doing, as there are a lot of
interesting topics).

I'd like to use this chance to remind all the presenters that may not be
used to IETF meetings that things can get more "interactive" than you're
used to - at IETF-co-located meetings, you can easily get lots of
questions and even a debate. That's a major part of what makes these
meetings good, so I don't like having to cut that short. Hence, please
allow ample time for discussion and expect to not have a very long
one-way presentation. Thanks!

I'm looking forward to seeing many of you in Paris,

Cheers,
Michael

Time slot 1, 15:20-17:00

* Agenda bashing and update - Michael Welzl (5 min)

* Congestion Control and Notification over Longer Time Scales and at
Higher Layers - Dave McDysan (20 min)
   draft-mcdysan-iccrg-usecases-00

* Pre-congestion notification in mobile networks - Sebastien Jobert (10 min)
   draft-jobert-tsvwg-pre-congest-notif-mobile-00

* Caching with TCP - Pasi Sarolahti (15 min)

* On the Fairness of Transport Protocols in a Multi-Path Environment -
Hakim Adhari (15 min)
   (based on an upcoming ICC 2012 paper)

* End-to-End Transmission Control through Inference about the Network -
Keith Winstein (20 min)
   (based on:
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/hotnets/2011/papers/hotnetsX-final100.pdf)

* TCP Reno over Network Coding - Nadia Boukhatem (15 min)
   (based on:
https://www.usukita.org/papers/5979/TA1_17_Chen_combocoding.pdf)

Time slot 2, 17:10-18:10

Topic chair: Harald Alvestrand

* Introduction: The RTCWEB effort, and the traffic we expect to generate
- Harald (10 min)
   draft-ietf-rtcweb-overview-02
   draft-jesup-rtp-congestion-reqs-00

* Nice behaviour for RTP-based services - Varun Singh, Colin Perkins (10
min)
   draft-perkins-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-00

* A delay based congestion control candidate - Stefan Holmer (15 min)
   draft-alvestrand-rtcweb-congetstion-01

* Feedback mechanisms that might be useful - Harald Alvestrand (5 min)
   draft-alvestrand-rmcat-remb-00

* A possible WG charter: RMCAT (15 min)
   http://www.ietf.org/iesg/evaluation/rmcat-charter.txt

* Summary, conclusions, next steps (5 min)