Re: [icnrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-mapme-04.txt

"David R. Oran" <daveoran@orandom.net> Mon, 04 November 2019 15:41 UTC

From: "David R. Oran" <daveoran@orandom.net>
To: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <t.schmidt@haw-hamburg.de>
Cc: icnrg@irtf.org
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 10:41:10 -0500
Subject: Re: [icnrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-mapme-04.txt

On 3 Nov 2019, at 6:50, Thomas C. Schmidt wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> just a formal question: This draft was submitted erroneously as an RG
> document using the URL prefix "draft-irtf-icnrg".
>
> Shouldn't we correct this asap by resubmitting to a URL
> "draft-auge-icnrg"?

The draft, while misnamed, is correctly characterized in the data
tracker as a non-RG document. Börje, Dirk, and I (i.e. your chairs)
discussed this a bit and it seems just leaving things as they are will
likely be least confusing, as you can’t simply “rename” and
existing draft in the tracker. There would have to be a resubmit, and
since the current version was just refreshed, it would still be around
for another six months duplicating any individual draft we ask the MAPME
guys to submit.

Another way to fix the problem is of course to adopt the work as and RG
document and progress it as such.

ICNRG’ers, Please reply if you have a view on whether adopting MAPME
is an appropriate next step.

Thanks,
ICNRG Chairs.