Re: [icnrg] FW: New Version Notification for draft-wissingh-icnrg-terminology-01.txt

Boubakr NOUR <n.boubakr@bit.edu.cn> Wed, 22 March 2017 02:49 UTC

Cc: "Wissingh, B.F. (Bastiaan)" <bastiaan.wissingh@tno.nl>
To: icnrg@irtf.org
From: Boubakr NOUR <n.boubakr@bit.edu.cn>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 10:49:23 +0800
Subject: Re: [icnrg] FW: New Version Notification for draft-wissingh-icnrg-terminology-01.txt

Hello,

In the following draft (Information-Centric Networking (ICN):
Terminology), I found the following paragraph, I am confusing about the
*Name-Content binding phase*.

“In ICN, verification of a data packet’s name-to-content binding is
achieved through /cryptographic means/, either by (1) a /cryptographic
signature /that explicitely binds an application-chosen name to a data
packet’s content, or (2) relying on an implicit name (cryptographic hash
of the data packet) that the data consumer obtained through other means.”

Is this means that the same content with different names should have the
same signature or hash. Is the cryptographic signature/hash applied only
on content without taking in consideration other parameters such us:
name itself, owner of content, timestamps…?

Best regards,