Watershed.

Mike StJohns <stjohns@umd5.umd.edu> Mon, 17 August 1992 02:16 UTC

To: ident@NRI.Reston.VA.US
Subject: Watershed.
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1992 22:17:35 -0400
From: Mike StJohns <stjohns@umd5.umd.edu>

Hi -

Its finally time to advance this thing.  As of tuesday, I'll be
sending the current draft forward and asking it be placed on the
standards track as a Proposed Standard.  (Yes, I will make the minor
editing changes as well as cleaning up the language about OCTET).  The
draft as it stands represents the best consensus/compromise we can
probably expect.

Based on a phone conversation I had with Steve Kent I expect the IAB
or IESG will probably return it with the direction to make something
other than OCTET as the default.  We can deal with that if/when -- the
list has been fairly definite on the current language making OCTET the
default.

This notice represents my last call to the list for changes to the
draft.  If you have any further comments, please make them quickly
*with* specific suggestions for a change in language.  As I've said
before I will not contemplate any further changes in the security
section.

Mike