IDPR V1.1 in GATED

Robert Allen Woodburn <woody@cseic.saic.com> Fri, 17 July 1992 03:09 UTC

Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1992 22:57:55 -0400
From: Robert Allen Woodburn <woody@cseic.saic.com>
To: idpr-wg@bbn.com
Subject: IDPR V1.1 in GATED
Cc: woody@cseic.saic.com

Now at a sun near you!  (well, topologically speaking about 10 hops from
the NSFNET, but that's near enough [some say too near...]).

This version of idpr for gated has had a good bit of bug shaking, but needs
more.  It is VERY alpha.  The radix kernel didn't work out, so I punted
to static kernel tables (ICK) and linear searches (GAG!!), So the kernel
is somewhat sub-optimal.  Documentation is very poor at this point, but I'm
hoping to add some next week as I finish my last deliverables for this
contract.

This version runs with the current release of gated-alpha available from
gated.cornell.edu via anonymous FTP.  There is a brief series of mods required
that I just gave to Jeff to make IDPR fit into GATED.  I guess he'll have
them ready soon, and I'll post again.  Until then I can send them to you
if you ask.

If you have problems unpacking the code and building things, let me know.
Also, the kernel build comments have not been updated, but you should add
net/radix.c to the list of files to be added to conf/files.

Right now the code runs on Sun4 platforms.  It also should run on Sun3
machines, but a bug may have just popped up at this IETF during the demo,
so I'm not real comfortable with that yet.

I'll post late next week or the following week when more documentation
becomes available.

wood y