Re: [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-next-hop-capability

Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Fri, 16 September 2022 15:10 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 23:10:20 +0800
Cc: idr@ietf.org, Gyan Mishra <hayabusagsm@gmail.com>, draft-ietf-idr-next-hop-capability@ietf.org, draft-scudder-idr-entropy-label@ietf.org
To: bruno.decraene@orange.com
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-next-hop-capability

Hi, Bruno:

No. Let the “BGP Next-hop dependent Capabilities Attributes” transitive is more reasonable.
There is also another drawback of your bellowing proposal: how to encode the RLD value? Keep still the current “Entropy Label Next-Hop dependent Capabilities” in your document? Then there will be two places to encode the same information.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom