RE: [Idr] Clarification requested for RFC 4271 Section 6.8 'ConnectionCollision Detection'

"Jan Novak (janovak)" <janovak@cisco.com> Mon, 10 December 2007 12:18 UTC

Subject: RE: [Idr] Clarification requested for RFC 4271 Section 6.8 'ConnectionCollision Detection'
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 13:18:22 +0100
From: "Jan Novak (janovak)" <janovak@cisco.com>
To: Rohan Sen <senrohan@gmail.com>, idr@ietf.org
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; l=3094; t=1197289105; x=1198153105; c=relaxed/simple; s=amsdkim1002; h=Content-Type:From:Subject:Content-Transfer-Encoding:MIME-Version; d=cisco.com; i=janovak@cisco.com; z=From:=20=22Jan=20Novak=20(janovak)=22=20<janovak@cisco.com > |Subject:=20RE=3A=20[Idr]=20Clarification=20requested=20for =20RFC=204271=20Section=206.8=20'ConnectionCollision=20Detec tion' |Sender:=20; bh=q5+yrm6XSXA3mZ0A3Ip2bZvDOnNHv67SrsQ5fzedKBU=; b=qC683Pu/sjBhCW0OyNJE0VV1UHth6CTMHTnVi7+iQWaOtBstt6KJvUuVTC yefbgVpyqzuhR0finWMPXeW49qM4/hfJqWgnAJ+w1k1Yo78F3Ppl8UdTxF/t Jj2Qae6Inb;

Hi,

I think you just miss the significance of this:

If, among
   these connections, there is a connection to a remote BGP speaker
   whose BGP Identifier equals the one in the OPEN message, and this
   connection collides with the connection over which the OPEN message
   is received, then the local system performs the following collision
   resolution procedure:

so the first connection has already been accepted since at the
time when the first OPEN message was received there was no collision
detected yet and only upon the receival of the second OPEN message
the collision resolution procedure as specified by you below
is executed - and that procedure clearly states which of the two
connections will be closed.

Jan

The climate of Edinburgh is such that the weak
succumb young .... and the strong envy them.

                                 Dr. Johnson